Saturday, January 1, 2011

Things I'm Scared Of...

T-24 hours, and right now I'm scared that...

-I haven't packed enough.
-I packed too much.
-My Jewish hair will never stop fighting the humidity, rain, and fog.
-I won't understand "English."
-I'll get really, really lost.  All the time.
-Sweeney Todd is real.
-I'll somehow be responsible for ruining the royal wedding.
-School will actually be hard.
-I'll gain 30 pounds from pub food and beer.
-No one will understand my Mom humor.
-Everyone at Columbia will have the best semester of their lives and realize they don't really need me around.
-My new roommates will somehow figure out I'm writing a blog and I'll be the weird foreigner with the dumb blog.
-I'll mess up the converter/adaptor and start a blazing fire.
-My computer will crash.
-I'll spend all my money.
-I'll lose my passport and get stranded somewhere in Eastern Europe.
-I'll meet Daniel Radcliffe...but he'll hate me.
-The bedding they provide will be gross.
-I won't be able to get Mary Poppins out of my head.
-My camera will make me look even paler than I already am.
-I'll be the unassuming victim of an Ali G sketch.
-I'll be too cold and lazy to leave my room.
-My umbrella will break in a public, embarrassing way.
-People will push me into puddles.
-London won't actually be as charming as it looks in Burberry ads and the Here Comes the Sun montage in The Parent Trap.

But other than that I'm excited.

3 comments:

  1. right now im scared that....

    -youll love london and want to move there
    -youll make cool european friends and i wont be able to compare
    -ben will pick up a british accent and then you really will be the perfect couple
    -youll forget me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeney Todd IS real

    ReplyDelete
  3. im scared of the first one too!

    but im also jealous and you'll have so much funn

    ReplyDelete