Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why You Shouldn't Judge Me For Starting a Blog

I didn't want to start a blog. 

In part because I think the word 'blog' sounds like a euphemism for something dirty (see: "Mommy and Daddy were just BLOGGING when you walked into the room without knocking..."), and mostly because I'm not convinced anyone actually wants to read what I have to say.


But I'm studying in London for five months, and I hope to have adventures worthy of the five minutes it takes you to read about them.  (At the very least I hope to post pictures that make it look like I'm having a lot of fun with my new entourage of cool, attractive, European models.)

So is this a blog...yes.  But think of it more as a way to stay in touch and, probably more importantly, help ween my mother off of Facebook by giving her another (less embarrassing) way to waste her time.

Here it goes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to following your blog! I love the background picture you chose. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about your blog! I'm looking forward to seeing how university in the U.K. compares with college life in NYC. I also hope you'll keep us up to date on an American girl's view of the public events leading up to the royal wedding! Have a great semester! Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love London--that was my original choice for study abroad at NYU but my parents wanted me to go to a place where they don't speak english! As hacked as cockney accents and slang can sound, I went to Florence. We have almost the same name, closest on Facebook. Check out my blog. Luxuriouslybroke.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, dear....I will love getting news from you as you experience your semester in London and elsewhere. Hearing from you always makes my day. Stay safe and well, darling, and have a blast!!!
    Love and hugs,
    Nana Stephanie

    ReplyDelete